|General Manager – Rooftop Restaurant – Gloucestershire
|Set in a stunning part of the UK in Gloucestershire this will be the first rooftop restaurant this summer in the surrounding area to open. Set over two floors to accommodate over 100 covers the ethos is to serve fresh, local produce that changes to suit the seasonal calendar. The venue is currently operating throughout the day, with a mix of working breakfasts and lunches, afternoon tea, a la carte and a tasting menu. The restaurant wants to ensure an unforgettable dining experience for guests and so a high level of service is key.
- Take responsibility for the day to day running of the restaurant and its overall financial and commercial performance
· Ensure excellent customer service from start to finish
· Communicate with the reservations team to organise table reservations, ensure guests requests are met, and expectations exceeded
· Co-ordinate staff members to ensure everyone is working as a team and supporting one another
· Train and monitor the development of a large team, managing staff attendance and workload.
· Offer mentorship to a team of young leaders
· Aid and improves the guest experience to ensure a seamless dining experience
· Build, optimise and enforce a robust framework of policies, standard operating procedures and a high performance culture.
· Add to the F&B, brand, marketing and commercial strategy
· Work closely with the board, executive head chef and management to deliver strategy
· Follow and implement Health and Safety regulations, completing due diligence
· Write rotas with management to cope with a busy seasonal pattern
· Help the business comply with all legal requirements and licensing laws
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that are clear and unambiguous
· Comply and develop a Code of Conduct and Company Policies
· Manage and oversee payment systems, petty cash and ensure all bills are settled at the end of each day
· Set solid but realistic financial and commercial targets for the bar, wine cellar and kitchen
· Complete general administration such as daily reports, cashing up, stock control, managing budgets
· Infer and analyse financial and commercial performance and communicate this to the board.
· Oversee stock levels and supplies each day
· Understand the difference between cost cutting/profit maximisation & value engineering
The successful candidate will have GM Experience in a renowned leading restaurant operation where service is key. This would be a great opportunity for a candidate who is looking to relocate from London to a stunning part of the country which is establishing itself as a foodie hotspot.
You will be a razor-sharp, inspiring leader who is creative and passionate, good with policy, procedures and numbers. The successful candidate must remain hyper-enthusiastic about working in hospitality and aspiring and capable of opening their own venue. We are looking for individuals who want to provide a great dining experience to our guests and be part of an amazing team.
· You will need to have exceptional oral and written communication skills
· You will need excellent interpersonal skills when communicating with both staff and customers
· You will be confident in making decisions based on the best interests of the business
· You will be able to guide, support and train staff members
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Financial literacy including Excel skills and the use of databases
· Previous management experience in a comparable high end operations
· Meals on duty
· Discount on food and drink
· Birthday off
· 28 days holiday
· Paid overtime
· Company pension
· In house training and support
· Laundered uniform
|Salary & Benefits:
|£50-60k per annum
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.