|Executive Chef - Daytimes- leading multi - media campus – Monday - Friday
|The Executive Chef is responsible for the complete food offering across three media outlets (on average 200 pax) and is responsible for all aspects of the catering operations including overseeing a team of 15 to include a location unit catering.
Team and staffing:
• Responsibility for the hiring of all food based catering staff across all departments
• Rosters, staff holidays, overseeing the recording of hours worked, O/T etc
• New starter training, Food Safety training, Health and Safety training etc.
• Responsibility for coordinating and managing all freelance and agency staff across all catering departments
• Responsibility for the planning and organisation of the Locations catering team for each job.
• Quarterly new seasonal menus across all sites.
• The creation of ‘prep’ and ‘recipe’ sheets for each menu.
• To produce the written menu that will be presented to clients with accurate allergen information present.
• Actively seek out new culinary trends and ideas that would work for the media client base
• Develop food offering to cater for all allergens and dietary trends of media client base
• Bespoke menu creation on an ad hoc basis for clients with special requests and additional needs
• Seek out new suppliers and exciting new products
Food production and service:
• Quality control of all food produced and served by the catering teams
• The smooth and efficient service and presentation of food.
• Source new and creative ways to serve and display food.
• To ensure all staff are catered for equally and staff food is budgeted appropriately.
• Work on location with the team ensuring the premium service and high standards are continually met.
• Cost out each menu ensuring the catering offer meets the set GP target.
• Purchasing (overseeing all food ingredients/consumables/disposables)
• Supplier pricing controls.
• COS tracking,
• Departmental budgets and monthly target tracking
• P&L management, inputting sales and costs.
Food Safety and Health and Safety:
• Ensure all food safety regulations are followed across all food production sites
• Achieve pass level for all Food Safety Audits perfumed by Food Alert or EHO
• Ensure staff are trained and certified to required levels for job remit.
• To keep the Food safety management system current and up to date.
• Development of new ‘white label’ catering as and when opportunities arise.
• To extend and develop current catering offer - to reintroduce cafe food/short orders for breakfast and lunch
• The development of the ’Locations Catering’ offer
• Client - recipe development. Digital social communication etc
This role requires the Exec Chef to have an excellent communication, logistical and administrative skill set.
You will have experience within a multis outlet/contract catering background within a client facing environment and will work closely with the production team.
Working within a fun and respected media company you will be a personable and well presented Executive Chef, part of the senior management team, a great team mentor, trainer and motivator who is up to date on the latest food trends and can deliver on a premium client experience.
Excellent work life balance:
Mondays – Friday (very occasional Saturdays) 7 am – 3p.m
Salary and Benefits - £60 – 65 k per annum
Discretionary 15% annual bonus based on performance of individual and business
BUPA health care package
20 days holiday plus 8 day bank holiday plus a minimum of 3 additional days for Christmas closure
|Salary & Benefits:
|£60-65k per annum
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.