|Event Catering Manager - North London
|This iconic London venue runs events throughout the year ranging from concerts and exhibitions to live sports and food festivals. The successful candidate will feel comfortable to plan and deliver catering operations across the public events programme as well as private hires (corporate and B2B events), and on site outlets.
The role includes:
- Overseeing the catering operation at events and across onsite catering outlets
- Managing resources effectively to achieve financial targets.
- Working collaboratively with the operations team to provide catering solutions appropriate for the events programme, delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Supporting the development of the wider catering team by monitoring performance and providing feedback. Identify and arrange training opportunities.
- Liaising with clients and internal stakeholders throughout the planning stages of events to understand and scope bespoke catering requirements.
- Input into catering budgets and P&Ls completing monthly financial reporting accurately and on time.
- Monitor stock and order retail drink & disposables stocks as required to meet operational demand maintaining consistent service delivery.
- Observe external catering concessions and vendors to make sure that operators comply with statutory and legal requirements including Health & Safety and Licensing.
Food hygiene level 2 Experience
Experience managing bars, cafes and concessions preferably within a similar large event environment.
Experience monitoring stock and using a stock control system.
Experience negotiating with suppliers, vendors and catering concessions.
Experience managing, developing and motivating a team.
Experience planning event operations
Good communication skills with the ability to give clear instruction.
Good written communication with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Excellent numerical skills with ability to interpret financial data.
Interest in and awareness of current industry trends, specifically around street food and event catering
Team player with a great personality and a can-do attitude.
Willingness to undertake further training.
Available to work a flexible shift pattern including some weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
Food hygiene level 4
Personal liquor license
Experience training and developing staff including delivering in-house training.
Budget management experience with knowledge of profit and loss accounts
Knowledge of catering / stock management / point of sale software
|Salary & Benefits:
|£40-45k per annum
|£40-45k per annum
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.